Box Office Associate
The Box Office Associate is responsible for selling tickets over the counter and by phone for Tessitura ticketed events at the Shubert Theatre and related venues. The Associate provides ticket sales and support on the night of show as scheduled. This position requires premium customer service and respect for the customer through all stages of the ticket selling process.
Additional Information: There are 3-5 part-time, hourly positions available. Candidates will be eligible for complimentary tickets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patrons with purchasing subscriptions and single tickets over the counter and by phone.
- Provides box office support and ticket sales on the night of show.
- Balances all ticket office codes at the end of each business day as assigned.
- Gathers and organizes “will call” for distribution during the night of show.
- Follow customer service best practices from initial purchase through night of show ticketing functions.
- Adheres to CAPA’s cash management procedures.
- Provides information to customers as requested, such as show running time, directions, parking, and seating guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent phone and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster outstanding customer service.
- Ability to handle conflict and work closely with others.
- Accurate and efficient cash handling skills.
- Knowledge of Tessitura or TicketMaster is preferred.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish).
Credentials and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with the public in a sales capacity.
- Availability during non-traditional work hours (nights, weekends) and the ability to travel to off-site venues.
- Previous ticket office experience is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, is preferred.