The Floor Manager assists in on-site event management for all patron/public areas with attention to excellence in customer service (internal and external), community building, and patron safety/security.
Additional Information: This is a part-time, hourly position. The average hours per week will vary dependent upon theatre activity, and can range anywhere from 0-15 hours.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Supervises Usher Captains and volunteer staff during events (motivates, promotes safe and healthy environment, and communicates upwardly for discipline and recognition).
- Arrives to shifts on time in the designated uniform. The designated self-provided uniform consists of black dress pants or a skirt, with a white shirt, black blazer, and a tie or scarf.
- Communicates with House Operations Manager, and as needed, the Director of Operations regarding interaction with volunteers (i.e., ongoing training, changes to policies and procedure, kudos).
- Serves as customer service liaison, using House Operations Manager and Box Office resources appropriately.
- Supports special event needs by providing on-site reception/meeting/visiting merchandise services.
- Reviews and communicates event and house specific information (run times, holds, programs, inserts, attendance, trouble seats, relocates, etc.) to event staff and volunteers during floor meetings.
- Provides support to House Operations Manager regarding facility opening preparations, such as doors locked/opened, stanchions placed/removed, and staff placement.
- Communicates and implements house opening and evacuation situations to all event staff in assigned area as directed by the House Operations Manager.
- Protects the overall safety and security of the facility and all patrons by reporting and addressing suspicious or dangerous activity, using available security staff as necessary.
- Handles accident situations, using first aid training and securing as much information as possible to complete a Shubert Incident Report. Notifies the House Operations Manager for assistance.
- Reports building problems (HVAC, lighting, cleanliness, fixtures, room conditions, etc.), communicating either via internal radio for immediate needs or via identification on shift report for the House Operations Manager.
- Clears and closes assigned location, communicating appropriately with the House Operations Manager.
- Files appropriate event documentation. Provides ongoing communication to the House Operations Manager & the Director of Operations.
- Stays informed and educated on policy and procedural changes through regular monitoring of email for Shubert communications and attendance at mandatory event staff meetings.
- Responsible for peer training as applicable.
- Provides a minimum of 50% availability for monthly shift openings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and resolve challenges and/or requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Credentials and Experience
- Prior customer service experience in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED/BBP.