COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Our intermission is almost over and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Shubert!
In consideration of the health and well-being of patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff - the following health and safety policy will be in effect through October 31*
FULL COVID-19 VACCINATION: will be required for patrons, as well as staff, volunteers, performers, backstage crew, and all others entering the Shubert Theatre.
IF UNVACCINATED: please bring proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours of the performance start time.
FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL regardless of vaccination status, while inside the building, except while actively eating or drinking. A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured to the head, and fits snugly against the side of the face.
WHAT IS THE REQUIREMENT TO BE FULLY VACCINATED:
- Two dose COVID-19 vaccine: patrons will have received their second dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to attending a performance at the Shubert.
- Single dose COVID-19 vaccine: patrons will have received their single dose at least 14 days prior to attending a performance at the Shubert.
WHAT FORMS OF PROOF OF VACCINATION ARE ACCEPTED:
- A physical vaccination card provided by a qualified healthcare provider or a photo of a complete vaccination card that matches the patron’s valid photo ID.
- Proof of a negative test may be a printed or digital test result that matches the patron’s valid photo ID.
Children under 12, who cannot be vaccinated by federal law, must be accompanied by an adult (in compliance with above quidelines), and are required to wear a face mask.
WHY IS THIS POLICY IMPORTANT:
The decision to require vaccination reflects what is happening at venues around the country including, and led by, Broadway. Taking these steps helps ensure the safety of you, our valued patrons, our staff, and the artists, and implementing this simple measure minimizes risk and the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
* The Shubert will continue to update and evaluate its policy based on requirements from the State of CT and City of New Haven - thank you for your cooperation.