- Friday, June 24 8:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Saturday, June 25 2:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Saturday, June 25 8:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sunday, June 26 12:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sunday, June 26 5:00 PM Buy Tickets
You Can’t Stop the Beat! HAIRSPRAY, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon that inspired the blockbuster film and live television event, is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960’s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
Featuring the beloved score of hit songs including "Welcome to the '60s," "Good Morning Baltimore," "It Takes Two," and incorporating "Ladies Choice" from the musical film adaption, HAIRSPRAY is "fresh, winning, and deliriously tuneful!" (The New York Times).
This all-new touring production will reunite Broadway’s award-winning creative team led by Director Jack O’Brien and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell to bring HAIRSPRAY to a new generation of theater audiences. Don’t miss this "exhilaratingly funny and warm-hearted musical comedy" (The New Yorker).
Please read our COVID Guidelines for Hairspray
With the continued, ever-evolving situation of COVID-19 infection rates fluctuating regionally and in Connecticut, the Shubert Theatre will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter the building effective Friday, April 29, 2022.
The Shubert Theatre maintains its commitment to the importance of COVID-19 vaccination and creating a safe environment for its patrons. We will maintain our current face mask policy for all events and this will remain in effect until the end of June. Face masks are required for all patrons 3 years and older and must be worn at all times except while actively eating or drinking.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Certain shows or artists may require additional COVID-19 protocols which include proof of vaccination and/or masks. We will include these requirements on our website as well as via email in the days leading up to the specific performances.
- Should the Federal, State, local or health authorities issue further changes to policy in response to an increase in COVID-19 infection rates, the Shubert Theatre reserves the right to comply with such changes and recommendations, including the reinstatement of mask wearing and/or vaccination/test requirements.
- If you feel sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you prioritize your health and the health of others by staying home.
Show Running Time and Audience Age Recommendation
The show runs 2 hours and 35 minutes including one intermission.
Best enjoyed by audience ages 8 and up.
How Do I Print My Tickets At Home?
The print at home tickets will arrive in a separate email from email@example.com. This usually comes 5-10 minutes after the order confirmation email, and it will have the tickets attached as a PDF file. Be sure to print all pages if there are multiple tickets in the order.
Because of the attachment from an unknown email, it can sometimes be filtered as spam or junk, so we suggest checking those folders. If the email with the tickets doesn’t arrive after 24 hours, contact the Shubert Ticket Office at 203-562-5666, and they can re-send it or have the tickets held at the Box Office for you.